Volunteers Initiative Nepal (VIN) is a non-governmental and non-profit community development volunteer organization (NGO). VIN aims to promote equality, economic wellbeing and basic human rights through enhanced educational programs and community training.
VIN adopts an integrated, participatory community development approach for the well-being of the community. It works with both local and international volunteers, implementing different kinds of programs and activities under its six major programs:
- Women’s Empowerment
- Public Health & Medical Care
- EnvironmentConservation & Cultural Biodiversity
- Children’s Development
- Youth Empowerment and
- Disaster Response & Relief
For more information please visit our website: www.volunteersinitiativenepal.org
Grant Writer & Fundraiser
Job Location: Kathmandu
No. of Vacancy: 1
The Grant Writer & Fundraiseris a manager level position. She plays a vital role in fundraising activities. Working with the Executive Director and the Program Manager to bring in substantial operating and capital funding in order to fulfill the mission of the organization. Primary responsibilities include preparation of proposals and grant applications, and performance of responsible professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities for the holistic community empowerment.
- Research and identify public and private donor agencies for funding existing and new programs.
- Conduct a full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grants.
- Work with the Program Managers& other officers to gather information necessary to report the funders / sponsors.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by donors.
- Provide regular written updates to the donors.
- Organize necessary monitoring / follow up visits for the funders / donors.
- Document / update current funding records in digital database system and also hard copies, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Develop necessary promotional / IEC materials for the organizational branding, visibility etc.
- Develop organizational relation with the funding agencies home and abroad.
- Update project news and events in regular basis to update VIN’s audience / stakeholders / funders.
- Help update website contents to represent exactly what’s being done.
- Master in Arts /development studies or similar field
- Proven track record on grant writing / fundraising
- Documentation & report writing
- Sound in written and spoken English and Nepali
- Excellent computer skills.
- Willingness to travel rural part of Nepal
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in grant writing / fundraising.
- Able to work under pressure, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate some or all of the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition, and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Strong computer, research, fundraising skills; assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming;maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision. Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influencesactions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Intelligence - Understands social business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Effective- Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity – Respect differences and diversity; demonstrates knowledge of organizational guidelines; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action policies and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Strives to increase productivity.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Terms & condition: Initially two year (extendable at VIN’s discretion) position based in Kathmandu: frequent field visit to rural parts of Nepal.
Salary: Rs.60,000/- including benefits
Email an application addressing your motivation for job and a copy of your resume with the contact details of two references to email@example.com before 15th Jan, 2017.
- For already registered users: Logon to meroJob.com with your user name and password.
- For new users: Create A New Account.
- Edit your profile (sections: Personal, Education, Other Information etc.).
- Click the ‘Apply Online’ button on this page.
- Check ‘Jobs I’ve applied to’ in the control panel of your profile to confirm your application status. If you have successfully applied, the job position and the organization name will be displayed in the list with the status of application sent.
Applications without disclosure of age and marks/percentage for each level of degree from SLC/equivalent onwards shall be disqualified.
All candidates are expected to be proficient in written/spoken English and Nepali and be computer literate with a working knowledge of office applications. For the position(s) mentioned above, candidates are expected to have a smart personality, pleasant and cheerful nature with excellent interpersonal skill coupled with a desire to excel and having a positive attitude.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process(es).The organization reserve the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.